Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life vs. a Fire Hose


During class today I was thinking of how we can never fully grasp life. Experiences can pass us by so easily, just thinking of how many hours I spend watching T.V. when I could be outside or reading (although I really do enjoy my soaps). Anyways, I paired what I thought with what my teacher had said in class yesterday about another subject. My teacher had said that our test was like drinking out of a fire hose, but I started to think that that phrase can go with class descussion. I believe that life is like drinking out of a fire hose. You can never catch all the water, but you still get bits and pieces. Even if you did catch all the water it wouldn't be healthy, you would choke or spit it up. SO, Eliot tells us to live in the conscious and then says it "costs not less than everything." I don't think we are meant to live in the consciousness. People are suppose to miss the point, otherwise we would miss the mystery. This is why religion was invented. God, or in paganism gods, are suppose to know all and humans are suppose to worship those who know all. People like to believe that one day, maybe it's after death, but in time we will come to a point where we can comprehend life's meanings. On Earth, to truly experience humanity we must make mistakes and try and learn and until we finally catch the point of a minuscule part of life. Until we catch a small particul of truth we will keep making mistakes. Similar to Goundhog's Day, he had to make a lifetime of wrong decisions in order to perfect a single day. Maybe it will be with death that we can truly comprehend our experiences, but life would never be any fun with out adventure. Adventure is truly human because it is the starting of something new and exciting. Nothing would ever be new if we didn't miss some, or most, of the water from the fire hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment