Thursday, January 14, 2010

The most important blog you'll ever read...

I just read in the syllabus that the first blog must be about my expectations and my English career; so I'm going to make it my second blog.
Now, I, like most women, do not enjoy talking about myself. However, if Dr. Sexson insist....it all started when I was 5 years old...(just kidding). My English career isn't one of much interest to others. When I was very young I found that I loved reading, even when I didn't understand exactly what I was reading. I have always enjoyed the classics (and would someday like to fill a rich mahogany library with all my leather bound books). I decided as a sophomore that instead of getting a degree in something I hated (biology) that would make me money, I would do something that I enjoyed and be a waitress on the side.
As for my expectations of this class, they're high. I really wanted to be in Dr. Sexson's capstone and I handed in my graduation papers very late. I believe that there is a fine line between persistence and annoyance and I definitely crossed it. The end result was of course getting into the class and the secretaries relief that I stopped calling. Last Spring semester I was in Dr. Sexson's greatest Oral Traditions class and coincidentally I wrote my last paper on the Four Quartets. Of course, to fully understand the quartets one needs to study them for years until old age and frustration overtakes their mind. I am excited to go over them again and hopefully solve a few mysteries that I struggled with last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment